In packing up a lot of stuff in preparation to put our house on the market, (so we can buy a new, bigger, better house), I came to our (mostly my) collection of CDs. I rarely get to listen to my CD music nowadays. But I still have two or three dozen CDs stacked in the rack of our entertainment center.
My collection is pretty damn eclectic:
- Duran Duran – Greatest
- Enigma – MCMXC a.D.
- Bee Gees – Their Greatest Hits, The Record
- Paperstreet – Everything is Alright
- Easy Seventies
- Rick Springfield – Greatest Hits
- Waylon Jennings – 16 Biggest Hits
- Kid Rock – Devil Without a Cause
- Eddie Money – Greatest Hits Sound of Money
- Creed – Human Clay
- Glen Danzig – Black Aria
- Steely Dan – A Decade of Steely Dan
- Michael Jackson – Off the Wall
- Chicago – Greatest Hits 1982-1989
- Last of the Mohicans Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Alice Cooper – Welcome to my Nightmare
- Bad Company – 10 From 6
- Pure Funk
That’s a random sampling — I just pulled a bunch out without looking at what they were until typing them in here. I remember buying each one of these, but I haven’t bought any CDs in the past, oh, two or three years.
Cowgrit and the Calves bought me a Time/Life collection of easy listening songs on a dozen CDs sometime last year.
Now that I’ve got this stack of CDs here at my desk, I’m going to load them into my backpack and take them to work with me. Maybe I can listen to them at the office some time. It’s a damn shame to have all this great music but never listen to any of it anymore.
There should be a test on the Internet where you can put in a list of the CDs you own and the program will tell you something about your personality. What does the above random sampling say about me and my taste in music?